Not everyone can be a star
And someone’s got to be the best friend
Someone’s got to be the supporting character,
Someone’s got to sacrifice themselves for the sake of others -
Tell them to shut up,
Tell them that best friend doesn’t mean a doormat,
And supporting characters get screen time,
And sacrifice shouldn’t feel like a betrayal;
Tell them that growing up doesn’t mean giving up your life,
Tell them you agree -
You’re not a star,
You’re the whole fucking universe,
You give birth to stars with every single breath.
Tell them, and then walk away,
Because, you deserve better than people like that,
You deserve people who aren’t threatened
By self love and self respect.
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats.
Seven Simple Ways To Free Yourself, from girl to girl (via notcapableoflove)
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT :-)